Elizabeth & Lake met in October of 2015 while both attending the University of Georgia. Elizabeth’s roommate at the time was in ROTC with Lake and wanted to introduce them. They first met up at Creature Comforts with friends and then went on an official “first date” a couple weeks later. They both claim that they knew the other was “the one” not long after meeting.
When you meet Elizabeth & Lake, it’s obvious that they’re two of the sweetest souls. Their wedding day was beautiful & so sentimental. Elizabeth got ready at her grandparents’ house, and I got to see her mom’s childhood bedroom, the dining room where they shared weekly dinners over the years, and the beautiful gardens where Elizabeth used to cut roses with her grandma. I loved starting the day there, and then we headed over to Snellville United Methodist Church for the ceremony. The stone archways at the church were a breathtaking backdrop for photos. Their reception was then held at 550 Trackside in Lawrenceville. Once again, an EastCoast Entertainment band (Sweetwater Junction) rocked the house. And then the couple left through a trail of sparklers for their honeymoon at Disney!
Just a few things I loved about this day include:
- Elizabeth’s intricate & personalized wedding rings that Lake custom designed for her
- The long slate blue bridesmaids dresses
- Elizabeth’s headpiece, which was once her grandmother’s
- Elizabeth’s cathedral veil that was passed down by her mom
- The sweetest Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dances
- The heartwarming toasts given by their siblings and friends
Thank you, Elizabeth & Lake, for trusting me to capture this special day.
Ceremony venue: Snellville United Methodist Church || Reception venue: 550 Trackside || Hair & Makeup: Sonya Riviere || Bride’s dress: Bridals by Lori || Bridesmaids’ dresses: I Do I Do Bridal Boutique || Rings: Tripp Lowman || Band: Sweetwater Junction via EastCoast Entertainment || Florist: Floristique || Caterer: Main Street Catering || Invitations: Crane & Co. || Cake: Cafe Aromas Bakery Cafe || Day-of coordinator: Mindy Black
Latest posts by Claire Diana (see all)
- Hilary & Michael Athens Atlanta Georgia Engagement Photographer - October 19, 2017
- Alyson & Mike | Berry College Athens Atlanta Georgia Engagement Photographer - October 14, 2017
- Amber & Nick | Maternity Athens Atlanta Georgia Wedding Engagement Maternity Photographer - October 13, 2017