About 5 years ago, Austin caught Shelby’s eye from across the basketball gym. She boldly walked up to him and introduced herself, and that brief interaction was enough to leave Shelby speechless and very intrigued. As fate would have it, she ran into him again just a week later at a pub. This time she stepped up her game, acting completely uninterested until Austin asked for her number. They then wasted no time.. They stayed up all night talking about the ins and outs of their lives, and the next day Shelby took Austin home to meet her parents (who loved him!). Fast forward 5 years, and they just tied the knot on April 1st!
I was ecstatic when Shelby reached out to me about photographing her wedding at Grant Hill Farms. I had actually been dying to shoot at this venue ever since I stumbled upon it, and it did not disappoint in the slightest. The bridal suite is absolutely dreamy with white walls and natural light (a photographer’s heaven), and the ceremony site faces the sunset over the rolling hills, providing a swoon-worthy backdrop during the golden hour.
My favorite part of their day was the amazing vendors I got to work with. When planning their wedding, Shelby & Austin sought out referrals from vendors (I highly recommend this!), which ended up creating a dream team that all loved each other. When the venue recommends the florist, who recommends the photographer, who recommends the videographer, and so on… you get one heck of a team.
Due to the awesome vendors, the tight-knit wedding party, Shelby’s hilarious & candid personality, and a rockin’ band, this was one of the most FUN weddings I’ve photographed. Just a few of the things I loved about their day include:
- The way Austin almost keeled over in emotion when he saw his beautiful bride for the first time (I love First Looks!!)
- Shelby’s cathedral veil that perfectly matched her dress
- When Shelby’s sister surprised her by singing “You’ve Got a Friend” by James Taylor
- My 32×48 canvas from their engagement session displayed beautifully on the barn’s mantle during the reception
- Their LED balloon exit that spoke to my love for Disney’s “Tangled”
Thank you SO much, Shelby & Austin, for trusting me to capture these precious moments, and CONGRATULATIONS! Special shout out to Jamie at Grant Hill Farms for being a rockstar and pulling everything together, to JL Designs for once again amazing everyone with your stunning florals, to Bob’s Eye View for being an absolute BLAST to work with as always (and for climbing a tree to get me an artsy shot), to Loose Chain band for lighting up the dance floor, and to all the other professionals who loved on this sweet couple during their big day.
Venue: Grant Hill Farms || Florist: JL Designs || Videography: Bob’s Eye View || Cake: The Posh Cakery || Caterer: Epting Events || Band: Loose Chain || Bride & Bridesmaids’ dresses: Bride Beautiful || Hair & Makeup: Stephanie Ragle || Rings: Worthmore Jewelers || Bride’s Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Latest posts by Claire Diana (see all)
- Alyson & Mike | Berry College Athens Atlanta Georgia Engagement Photographer - October 14, 2017
- Amber & Nick | Maternity Athens Atlanta Georgia Wedding Engagement Maternity Photographer - October 13, 2017
- Lauren & Teddy Atlanta Athens Georgia GA Engagement Photographer - October 12, 2017