Tara and Connor met in high school but were mostly acquaintances until one day when Connor posted a Facebook status about Doctor Who. Tara was at Georgia Tech and Connor was at SPSU at the time, but they began chatting online and bonding over their “nerdy interests” (their words, not mine!). Fast forward another 7.5 years through college, studying abroad, first jobs, living in Ohio and Austria, to the solar eclipse on August 21st, 2017 when Connor proposed to Tara during the totality (how epic?!). They now own a house together and just had a wedding that included so many personal (and nerdy) touches… it was so perfectly “them,” and I loved every second of it.
They got married at Brasstown Valley Resort in Young Harris, Georgia, and the rain held out long enough for them to take gorgeous outdoor photos with the mountains in the background. It was SUCH a fun day, and just a few of the things I loved include:
- The stickers of Tara + Connor’s faces that people used to decorate Jenga blocks and leave sweet notes on
- The forest green bridesmaids dresses + matching bomber jackets. Talk about #squadgoals
- When Tara & Connor read letters from each other during the First Look
- Getting to see & hug so many past clients of mine (Tara’s group of girlfriends continues to hire me for their weddings, which means the world to me!)
- When Tara’s dad broke it down to Thriller on the dance floor (scroll to see pictures!)
- Witnessing Tara’s relationship with her grandparents… they spent so much time at the reception just hanging out and chatting
- Working with an incredible team of vendors, including Gardenia Floral & Judah Press Entertainment
Congrats, Tara & Connor! Thank you for trusting me to capture this joyous occasion!
Venue & Catering: Brasstown Valley Resort // Hair & Makeup: Salon Lofts (Emily Harris) // Bride’s Dress: Carrie’s Bridal // Engagement Ring: Solomon Brothers // Groom’s Attire: SuitSupply // DJ: Judah Press Entertainment // Florist: Gardenia Floral
Latest posts by Claire Diana (see all)
- Lauren & Marcus | Ponce City Market Atlanta Georgia Engagement Photographer - April 17, 2019
- Amanda | UGA Class of 2019 Athens Georgia Senior Photographer - April 16, 2019
- Tara & Connor Atlanta Georgia Wedding Photographer - April 14, 2019