Jessica & Joe are high school sweethearts and first and only loves. They were introduced by a mutual friend in high school that ended up DJing their wedding. Their relationship continued as they both attended the University of Georgia. In December of 2017, Joe proposed to Jessica down by the river behind her parent’s house… where they first told each other they loved each other. They found the tree that they had carved their initials into back when they were teenagers. I think it’s so adorable that they spent their “growing up” years also growing together as a couple.
I learned via their engagement session that they’re a super adventurous couple, and that held true on their wedding day at Historic Smithonia Farm on December 15th. It was a rainy weekend, so the ground was soaking wet everywhere you walked outside. I was fearful that would keep Jessica from wanting to walk around in her dress before the ceremony… but I couldn’t have been more wrong. In Jess’s words: “I’m only going to wear it once.” So even though it was cold and windy and wet outside (aka NOT pleasant weather), that didn’t stop Jessica & Joe from adventuring through fields and enjoying each other’s company. And as a result, we actually took some of my FAVORITE wedding photos to date.
Just a handful of the things I loved about this wedding:
- Jessica & her bridesmaids wore slippers for most of the day!
- Jessica’s grandmother made her wedding cake… and it was honestly one of the most delicious cakes I’ve ever tasted at a wedding
- They played a lot of alternative music / throwback songs that I don’t typically hear at weddings, and they had SUCH a fun dancing crowd
- They did a “blessing of the rings” or “ring warming” during the ceremony where they passed their wedding rings amongst their families
- Even though 99% of the day was overcast, the sun peeked out from behind the clouds for approximately 60 seconds RIGHT during golden hour when we were taking bride & groom photos. *swoon*
- I got to work with a KILLER vendor team of so many of my favorite people, and teamwork makes the dream work!
All in all, it was a truly incredible day for this amazing couple. Thank you, Jessica & Joe, for your enormous trust in my services. And congratulations!!
Venue: Historic Smithonia Farm // Planning & Coordination: Georgia Grace Weddings // Makeup: JennySue Makeup // Florist: Gardenia Floral // Videography: BEV Weddings // Bartending: Clack Bartending // Ceremony music: Athens Wedding Music // DJ: Chris Rogero // Hair: Lacy Patton // Catering: Dominick’s – Watkinsville // Rings: JWR Jewelers // Dress: Bel Fiore Bridal