When UGA freshmen begin their journey in the Redcoat Band, the directors tell them “Redcoats will be the best four or five years of your life. You’ll make the best friends you could ever have, and you just might meet your future spouse.” This statement rings true for Ally & Joe AND Ally’s brother & his wife. I had the pleasure of photographing Jason & Morgan‘s wedding two and a half years ago, making this the second Moody wedding I’ve photographed. To say that I adore this family would be an understatement!
Ally & Joe chose to tie the knot at 9 Oaks Farm in Monroe, GA. They shared a sweet First Look, during which Joe gave Ally a handful of letters to open at different times in the future. They chose to hold their ceremony inside the barn to avoid the heat of the day. After the ceremony, we finished family photos JUST in time for it to start raining (another reason I recommend First Looks!). And then they danced the night away in true Redcoat fashion. :)
Just a few things I loved about this day include…
- How perfect Ally’s dress was for her
- The many DIY details made by Ally (she’s SO crafty!)
- The fancy & fruity lemonade bar during “cocktail hour” — literally the best lemonade I’ve ever had
- Getting to see & hug so many past clients of mine
- How the young flower girl & ring bearer both caught the bouquet / garter
Thank you, Ally & Joe, for trusting me to capture your special day!
Venue: 9 Oaks Farm || Planner: Jacki Garrison || Makeup: Candace Martin Beauty || Bride’s & bridesmaids’ dresses: David’s Bridal || Shoes: TOMS || Rings: Shane Co. || Mens’ wear: Men’s Wearhouse || DJ: Randy Burton of Dynamite Entertainment || Florist: Flowers by On || Caterer: Master’s Table || Cake: Blue Rooster Bakeshop
Latest posts by Claire Diana (see all)
- Hilary & Michael Athens Atlanta Georgia Engagement Photographer - October 19, 2017
- Alyson & Mike | Berry College Athens Atlanta Georgia Engagement Photographer - October 14, 2017
- Amber & Nick | Maternity Athens Atlanta Georgia Wedding Engagement Maternity Photographer - October 13, 2017